The goal of the curriculum is to combine learning with the children's daily life. My daily daycare routine will include the following:
▪ Individual greeting and good-bye to all children
▪ Arriving/leaving time is used to share information with Parents
▪ Individual and group activities are scheduled in the morning and afternoon
▪ Naps are scheduled daily
▪ Both active and quiet play opportunities are scheduled daily, indoors and outdoors,
▪ Loving environment offers cultural diversity, awareness and acceptance of
▪ Healthy well-balanced meals and snacks are served daily including breakfast,
lunch, and two snacks
▪ Circle time is done in the morning and afternoon
The curriculum offers opportunities to learn in the areas of:
▪ Language skills- reading books, retelling stories, conversation, singing
▪ Art/Small motor- art work, puzzles, blocks
▪ Music- music tapes, sing-alone programs, musical instruments, finger play
▪ Outdoor/Gross motor- swings, slides, ride on toys, sand box, bubbles, picnics.
▪ Indoor fine motor- dance, exercise
▪ Dramatic play/Imagination- house play with dolls, dress up, construction etc.
▪ Science- sorting, nature
▪ Self help skills- washing hands, brushing tees, potty training, using good manners, putting on socks/shoes/hats.
Active daily schedules mixed with fun and laughter is the recipe for a great environment for child to learn and grow!